Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Projects Galore!

I haven't blogged in a while now... so sorry! I had a bunch of family in town visiting earlier this month, so blogging has kind of escaped me. Anyhow, I have so many projects going on that I don't even know where to begin. I have also found a few lots more 'treasures' this past month. Yeah!!!

While my parents were in town we went up to my grandfather's cabin they are renovating, which is looking fantastic by the way! They had a TON of antiques in that little old place. They were kind enough to give me a few goodies they didn't have a need for. I ended up taking two beautiful antique doors & a charming old wooden bed.

I don't have any immediate plans for the doors, but they will eventually end up somewhere in my house as everything comes together. The bed is full sized & I want to put in B's room. It's pretty heavy, made of solid wood & has some really ornate woodwork on the headboard. It needs a LOT of work. I got it home & my grandfather then told me that all of the brown stains on it is actually rat urine. Wow! Never thought in a million years that I would be scrubbing off rat pee from a really old bed. Needless to say this is not going to be a quick project.

Headboard (after it had been cleaned)

Footboard with paint stripper applied.

Also scored an awesome mirror from this local estate sale warehouse. Just look at this beauty! It will definitely be painted at some point, not sure what color yet. It's huge & the best thing is I only paid $20! I am super excited about this gem!


Look at the detail...

And this majestic chair, dying to be painted & recovered. Only $3.99 baby! Thanks to Savers thrift store.


Look at this coffee table I found for FREE on Craigs List! Gotta love free!!! Its beat to heck & I took the photo after I had already sanded the top. There was even a piece of chewed up gum stuck to the underside of the table. Thanks for that little chewed up treasure!


Here's a lovely little antique dresser I got from the estate sale warehouse as well. Not too bad of a price at $30.

Picked these up at Goodwill for $3.50. These are going to be gorgeous once they are painted a bright, fun color! I am going to place some colorful fabric in the cutout areas.


Found these mason jars at the thrift stores/estate sale warehouse. Didn't pay more than a buck a piece! And the sweet little bird cage was from a local antique store. Love it!


This ginormous brass lamp I thought would look great in one of the guest bedrooms. Don't worry, I won't leave it gold... ;) Just $5 at Goodwill.


Last but not least I got this cheese cloche at Goodwill. The photo isn't mine, I borrowed it from Flickr. However, it looks exactly the same. I am painting the base & need to find a small candle stick holder to attach it to, similar to the awesome one found here at Live It. Love It. Craft It.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome finds! Can't wait to see the transformations.

    ReplyDelete