Monday, July 25, 2011

Sweets...

The other night as I was opening my front door I noticed this little baby birdy perched up along the top of our front porch. Over the past week, he brought his siblings with him & we see them sitting on our porch each night. They must have just gotten their feathers in because I can see little spots of down blowing in the wind. They are just sooooo cute!


So we started the whole 'Board & Batten' process on our laundry room today. Poor Karl had lots of frustrations today so we didn't get very far. He's going out of town for a few days, so it doesn't look like we will get this done til next weekend. What a bummer! :(

In the meantime, I did happen to bake some homemade red velvet cupcakes. I topped them with a homemade almond buttercream frosting. Can we say yum?! Click here for the cupcake recipe.


Almond Buttercream Frosting
1 cup butter, softened
3 tsp. almond extract
8 cups powdered sugar (get two large bags, because you will go through more than an entire bag of it)
2/3 cups heavy whipping cream

Beat butter until fluffy
Beat in extract on low
Beat powdered sugary & cream, alternating the two until frosting is smooth.

I also took a few pics of my daughter & my cousin's daughter this week. Thought I would share a few!

Isn't she pretty?

No comments:

Post a Comment