Monday, June 6, 2011

Front Porch Progress!

I thought the best & easiest place to start making our house a home would be the front porch. As I mentioned in an earlier blog entry, I found a pair of cute metal chairs for $15. We spray painted them a light aqua color. I need to add another coat of paint & a top coat before they will be complete. But at least you get the idea... I am also planning on adding cushions to them too!

I found the cutest shabby chic table (pictured below) at a local Paris Market this weekend. Scored that sweet little table for $20! I love it! Also got those gorgeous blue Mason jars there too. Filled them with white rice & a votive candle. Super cute when they are lit up in the evening.

Biggest transformation was painting our drab front door a bright aqua color. I am crossing my fingers that the HOA doesn't send me a letter. We are supposed to get approval before painting anything on the house, but I just couldn't help myself. Isn't it gorgeous?! I got the wreath at Michaels on clearance & I think it totally pulls everything together. Now I just need to get a new rug for the front porch.

What do you all think so far?

Before...


After


No comments:

Post a Comment